About Infolink University College
Infolink College was established in the year 2002 in the Southern Nations and Nationalities Peoples Region SNNPR and is contributing a lot for the capacity building efforts started by the regional and national governments through the production of qualified and skilled manpower and the transfer of appropriate technology. Infolink has been operating in Southern Nations and Nationalities Peoples Region since 2002 In Hawassa, Wolayita Soddo & Dilla towns, by building its own spacious compound in all campuses.
The College gives trainings in wide streams as Education, Law, Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology, in its campuses. The training and education programs reach from Level I to postgraduate diploma levels. Thus Infolink College will work hard to provide the training according to the national standards and the experience of other similar institutions. It is clearly seen that due to its quality training, for the last eleven years, graduates of Infolink College are having great demand in the labor market both regionally and nationally and many have started their own firms. Taking this as an asset the college management and academic staff will work hard to increase the market share of the college. Thus the college has arranged every required facilities and resources that will help to deliver this new program according to the national standards and to the best satisfaction of the society.
To produce matured and conscientious working generations through the delivery of knowledge-based quality education and training at secondary and tertiary level and the introduction and application of ICT that will benefit the community by equipping the manpower with the necessary tools techniques and methods of modern knowledge and technology so as to make significant contributions to SNNP Region in particular and Ethiopia in large.
To realize these, Infolink will:
- Prepare students to appreciate, engage, enhance and transform the social, cultural, civic, and workplace structures of Ethiopia and global societies.
- Provide students with the capabilities, skills, and opportunities to take full advantage of life-long learning, including graduate and professional studies, and opportunities to participate in research, scholarly, and creative activities.
- Offer students tools for personal and academic achievement, economic mobility, and healthier lives.
- Provide high quality professional services to all constituencies of the College
- Infolink is committed To Develop and enhance a learning/teaching community of students/alumni, faculty, staff, administration, and the community by:
- viewing students as the center of all College activities;
- Aattracting and recruiting a diverse body of well prepared and high potential students;
- Maintaining high academic standards, enhancing student learning, retaining students, and enabling them to graduate as quickly as possible;
- Assuring that current and new programs prepare students for life-long learning and for continuing career opportunities;
- Strengthening the ties between alumni and the rest of the College community;
- Sustaining a strong working relationship with other national and International institutions;
- Recognizing a strong role for applied and policy oriented research and scholarship;
- Diversifying and increasing financial support; and, marketing and promoting Infolink
- Provide opportunities for the continued personal and professional interaction and development of faculty, staff, and administrators including an effective incentive and reward system.
- Enhance the ability of faculty and staff to serve collaboratively a culturally and linguistically diverse student body.
Infolink will lead higher education in preparing students for Innovative, creative, & Successful Careers in global Society.
Infolink College values
Infolink adopts the following values to underpin and guide our future development and the day-to-day teaching, learning, research and other activities that make us a tertiary institution.
- Knowledge and skills, and critical and imaginative inquiry for their capacity to transform individuals and the community;
- Equality of opportunity for students and staff;
- Diversity for its contribution to creativity and the enrichment of life;
- Co-operation as the basis of engagement with local and international communities;
- Integrity, respect and transparency in personal and collaborative action; and
- The pursuit of excellence in everything we do.
Infolink College is committed to making these values real for the institution, staff and students through the following focus areas.
Knowledge Based Education and Training
To offer technology and business education programs with the proper balance in theory and practice at degree, diploma and short term program levels that would be highly demanded by the labor market and, simultaneously, unlock trainees’ minds on the possibilities and opportunities of self-employment.
Building the capacity of Infolink and its staffs through activities that enhance the financial and instructional capability so as to better realize Infolink’s missions
To conduct developmental research activities on business and technology applications that will have relevance for the development of the country
Technology Identification and Application
Identification of appropriate technology and facilitating to implement this so that the college can contribute its role for the development of the country
Applied Training Development
Identification of relevant and applicable knowledge, principles, systems and facilitating to implement these so that the national workforce will have an up-to-date and applicable knowledge tools to implement various development projects.
Assurance of the implementation of national and international standards and approval of customer satisfaction in the services provided by the college
Providing consultancy on various issues raised by customers and finding and implementing appropriate solutions.
Infolink College strategic objectives
People are the heart of the College. The objectives that will guide the College’s development over the next decade and beyond are focused on key groups of people: students, local and international; staff; industry and the professions; community and governments; and the public.
The objectives are framed to take into account our core activities: teaching and learning; research and external engagement; as well as our public accountabilities.
To inspire students to learn, and to provide a foundation for their careers and their effective participation in local and international arenas
To engage staff in a creative and rewarding learning community for the benefit of students, staff and other stakeholders
Industry and the professions
Through strategic collaborations create new knowledge and applications for the benefit of students, staff, industry and the professions, and enhance the economic and social development of the SNNPR and beyond.
To embrace the diversity and dynamism of the College’s local communities and to assist these communities to build their capacity to meet local, national and international challenges
Governments and the public
To meet the public accountabilities of the College through exemplary governance and effective management of resources
Last Update on: May 9 , 2015